Saturday, October 6, 2012

Homework.

This is a rant about reading.

Don't get me wrong, I love reading....just not readings for class that we will end up talking about in lecture anyway. But I feel like I need to read the assignments or I will miss out on SOMETHING. I just hate how some professors assign short chapters along a 2 week period, but when it comes to the long chapter they only give us 2 class periods before we have to have that chapter done. This is how I'm feeling for Anthropology and Film Appreciation. It's funny, actually. At the beginning of the semester I thought American History was going to be the class that I was going to have a hard time keeping up with reading the chapters, but noooooo. The history book is written in away where it's easy for me to read it, plus it interests me. It's probably because the book is novelistic-looking and the other two books are in text book form and are just straight up hard to read. So frustrating!

I wish I could just read for fun again. I know I would have time if I stayed up an extra hour before I go to sleep, but by then I have given up and just want to sleep my life away. Then I  have to wake up and start all over again. I haven't had any time for books, movies, or video games. The only thing that I really have time for (and even then, that's pushing it) is catching up on some of my favorite television shows using Hulu and Netflix.

I just don't want college and work to be my life throughout this "free and independent" part of life. That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment