Friday, December 7, 2012

Life is Slipping From Me.


This is a song that I wrote in 2008 that I was really proud of at the time. My all time favorite band is KoRn so the lyrics were kind of based off of what Jonathan Davis would write. Maybe.



Life is bleeding in my hand
as I gasp for breath.
What will happen if I let it go?
Death…

I walk down the halls
of my head
Never ending confusion
What comes next?

I listen to the people
Who tell me what’s best
They all tell lies
Which ones are friends?

I run away from those,
Those who tell me what to do
I can’t get enough of this drug
It’s all I need to use
Try to tell me yes
Try to tell me no
Ev-er-y word
Is easily abused

Time slips through my fingers
Like satin in the bed
All these moments we had
They are all surely dead

I try to stop the aging
But it will never be again
The past will never be the future
You will never be just a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment